Open Schooling System
Indian Council of Higher Secondary Education (ICHSE) is approved by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) as an integral part of the Board with a mission of providing 'education for all', 'greater equity and justice in the society' which led to the evolution of a learning society. The main aim is to provide education to all those who are beyond the reach of formal education due to any social, financial and other reasons. ICHSE imparts education at the secondary and senior secondary levels and committed to the goal of providing education to all at their door steps by setting a number of study centres in all the districts of India and achieving the goal of 'universalisation' of education.
Board conducts on demand examination, annual and supplementary examinations at secondary and Sr. secondary levels. The candidates who are appearing for the first time will be the part of annual examination and the candidate who gets a reappear in annual examination will appear in the supplementary examination. A student can appear in On Demand Examination at Secondary level examination any number of times as per his/her convenience. Openness and flexibility is the main essence of Board and it gives a lot of flexibility to the students in the matters related to examination such as (no compulsion of appearing in all the subjects at the same examination) appearing in one or more subjects in the examination as per the convenience, credit accumulation of the passed subjects, six chances to appear in the public examinations over a period of three years, and transfer of credit up to four subjects in the case of open school ex- learners and formal candidates.
The candidate should have completed 14 years of age on 1st February of the Year of admission; however this condition would not be applicable in case of CTP.
- The candidate would be required to submit one of the following documents as a proof of age :
- School leaving certificate of Govt. /Recognized School duly countersigned by the District Education Officer or equivalent rank of the area concerned.
- Date of Birth Certificate from Municipal Committee/Registrar of Birth & Death along with an affidavit by the Parents/Guardian in confirmation of the name and Date of Birth of the Candidate.
- In case Municipal Committee record of date of birth is not available and the candidate has never studied in any Govt./ Recognised school, then the Parents/Guardians may give an affidavit confirming the date of birth and name and parenthood of the candidate, attested by the Oath Commissioner/ Notary Public.
- No minimum Age Limit.
- A candidate must have passed Secondary from this Board or from any Board recognized by regular stream from any state board within India
- There must be a gap of at least two years between the year of passing secondary examination and that of appearing in the Senior Secondary Examination. However, this gap of two years shall be counted from the year/session of earning compartment in secondary examination in case such candidates pass the subject(s) of compartment in the subsequent two chances.
- Compulsory to pass the English subject in Secondary Examination. Those candidates who are fail in English subject in Secondary Examination, will give the Secondary Examination of English subject with the Senior Secondary Examination under O.S.S. For this, candidate has to submit the application form in separate and has to pass the given examination before the Senior Secondary Examination otherwise his/her result for the Senior Secondary Examination will be terminated. *Conditions Apply